Gene cluster description
1. Skaugen M, Nes IF. (1994) Transposition in Lactobacillus sake and its abolition of lactocin S production by insertion of IS1163, a new member of the IS3 family. Appl Environ Microbiol 60(8):2818-25.
2. Skaugen M et al. (1994) In vivo conversion of L-serine to D-alanine in a ribosomally synthesized polypeptide. J Biol Chem 269(44):27183-5.
3. Skaugen M et al. (1997) Organization and expression of a gene cluster involved in the biosynthesis of the lantibiotic lactocin S. Mol Gen Genet 253(6):674-86.
4. Qvarnstrom Y, Swedberg G. (2000) Additive effects of a two-amino-acid insertion and a single-amino-acid substitution in dihydropteroate synthase for the development of sulphonamide-resistant Neisseria meningitidis. Microbiology 146 ( Pt 5):1151-6. doi: 10.1099/00221287-146-5-1151.
5. Skaugen M et al. (2002) Identification, characterization, and expression of a second, bicistronic, operon involved in the production of lactocin S in Lactobacillus sakei L45. Appl Environ Microbiol 68(2):720-7.