Gene cluster description
Homologous known gene clusters
1. Stratmann A et al. (1999) The AcbC protein from Actinoplanes species is a C7-cyclitol synthase related to 3-dehydroquinate synthases and is involved in the biosynthesis of the alpha-glucosidase inhibitor acarbose. J Biol Chem 274(16):10889-96.
2. Hemker M et al. (2001) Identification, cloning, expression, and characterization of the extracellular acarbose-modifying glycosyltransferase, AcbD, from Actinoplanes sp. strain SE50. J Bacteriol 183(15):4484-92. doi: 10.1128/JB.183.15.4484-4492.2001.
3. Zhang CS et al. (2002) Biosynthesis of the C(7)-cyclitol moiety of acarbose in Actinoplanes species SE50/110. 7-O-phosphorylation of the initial cyclitol precursor leads to proposal of a new biosynthetic pathway. J Biol Chem 277(25):22853-62. doi: 10.1074/jbc.M202375200. Epub 2002
4. Zhang CS et al. (2003) The acarbose-biosynthetic enzyme AcbO from Actinoplanes sp. SE 50/110 is a 2-epi-5-epi-valiolone-7-phosphate 2-epimerase. FEBS Lett 540(1-3):47-52.
5. Brunkhorst C et al. (2005) The acbH gene of Actinoplanes sp. encodes a solute receptor with binding activities for acarbose and longer homologs. Res Microbiol 156(3):322-7. doi: 10.1016/j.resmic.2004.10.016. Epub